- 1 pound fresh Boneless Rib Eye steak
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire
- 2 tablespoons Ken’s Lite Balsamic Vinaigrette (I used honey balsamic vinegar)
- 1/4 teaspoon Montreal Steak Seasoning (I used 2 teaspoons and some more 🙂 Recipe for seasoning is on my blog.
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 4 slices skim mozzarella cheese (I used provolone)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1/2 red pepper (I added a green pepper)
- 1 cup mushrooms (I used baby Portobello)
- Jalapeno Cheese Bread (I used gluten free hot dog buns)
- beef mixture, reserved
- beef broth, reserve for dipping
Marinate meat in water, clove garlic, Worcestershire, Balsamic Vinaigrette, salt, Steak Seasoning, ground pepper, hot sauce (I added olive oil). Marinate 1 hour. (I marinated it overnight, 24 hours)
In separate pan, melt butter and sauté onions, red peppers, orange peppers, sweet cherry peppers, mushrooms and garlic. Sauté pepper mixture until tender.
Lightly broil Jalapeno Cheese Bread and slice.
Place Provolone cheese on each sandwich.
Top with beef mixture and then peppers.
Serve with saved beef broth on the side for dipping.
Recipe from http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/recipe?id=7735320