- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg or Allspice
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 15-ounce Can Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Regular Canned Coconut Milk (I use the full-fat version)
- 1 Unbaked Pie Shell (see below for my regular or whole wheat easy and flaky pie crust recipe, for the popular Pamela’s gluten-free pie crust recipe, or for another gluten-free option, try this recipe, substituting soy-free Earth Balance for the butter)
Preheat your oven to 425ºF.
Combine the sugars, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg or allspice, cloves and salt in a small bowl. In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Beat in the sugar mixture, pumpkin, and vanilla until smooth. Fold in the coconut milk.
Pour the filling into the unbaked pie crust and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 350ºF and continue to bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a knife inserted comes out clean. It may be a bit wobbly still, but it will firm-up as it cools.
Allow the pie to cool on a wire rack for 2 hours (Be patient! This is important). Serve or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe from godairyfree.org, ask alisa