- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- juice of 1 lemon
- 4 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
Mix all the ingredients, minus the chicken breast in a bowl. Place the chicken breasts in a dish and pour the marinade over them, turning them in the marinade to ensure that they are completely coated. Cover the dish with a lid or plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least an hour.
Place the chicken on a hot grill and cook, turning once, until the meat has an internal temperature of 165F. Grilling boneless skinless chicken breast takes about 15-20 minutes, but can vary depending on the size and thickness of the meat. Remove from the grill and let the chicken breast rest for a few minutes before serving to allow the juices to draw back into the centre of the meat.
For the Chicken
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice, from 2 limes
- 4 large garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 pound whole chicken
For the Green Sauce
- 3 jalapeño chili peppers, seeded if desired (I use about half the seeds for a medium-hot sauce), and roughly chopped (see note)
- 1 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, best quality such as Hellmann’s
- 1/4 cup sour cream (I used 3/4 Fage 0% fat greek yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, from one lime
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oilI
For the Chicken
- Combine all of the ingredients except the chicken in a blender or mini food processor, and blend until smooth. Remove the giblets from the inside of the chicken and pat the outside of the chicken dry with paper towels; place in a bowl, breast side up with the legs facing you. Using the handle of a wooden spoon or your fingers, loosen the skin from the flesh over the breasts and legs, being careful not to tear the skin or push all the way through (you want the marinade to stay inside the bird). Spoon about 2/3 of the marinade evenly underneath the skin, and spread the remaining 1/3 evenly over the skin. Marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Adjust the oven rack to the lower-middle position, and preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil for easy clean-up. Spray a rack (preferably a v-shape) with non-stick cooking spray and place the chicken on top. Tie the legs together with kitchen string. Roast for 20 minutes, until the skin is golden. Turn the heat down to 375 degrees, and continue to roast for about an hour and ten minutes more, or until the juices run clear when you cut between the leg and thigh. (Keep an eye on it — if it’s browning too quickly, cover it loosely with foil.) Tent the chicken with foil and let rest for about 20 minutes. Tilt the chicken over the roasting pan to release the juices, then transfer to a cutting board. Carve the chicken and serve with green sauce.
For the Green Sauce
- Combine all of the ingredients except the olive oil in a blender or food processor and blend into a smooth sauce. With the motor running, open lid and slowly drizzle in olive oil. It will seem very runny at this point but, don’t worry, it will thicken up as it sits. Transfer the sauce to a bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Note: Be sure to wash your hands well after handling hot peppers, and do not touch your eyes while working with them.
- Greek Yogurt Tartar Sauce:
- 3 dill pickles, finely diced
- 3 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ Tbsp Sriracha (optional)
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Make sauce: In a food processor, combine all tartar sauce ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Recipe from: http://portandfin.com/?s=greek+yogurt+tarter+sauce
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
5 ounces plain greek yogurt (I use FAGE 0%)
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (freshly)
1 teaspoon seasoning salt (I made my own gluten free season salt)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 Preheat oven to 375° F. Spray baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2 Combine yogurt, cheese, and seasonings.
3 Spread over chicken breasts. Bake for 45 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and topping is browned. Serve immediately.
From Yummly: https://www.yummly.com/#recipe/Melt-In-Your-Mouth-Baked-Chicken-2026423
1 cup FAGE Total 0%
2 scallions, thinly sliced
1 tbsp fresh dill, minced
¼ red bell pepper, finely diced
½ cup cucumber, shredded
2–3 radishes, shredded
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp garlic powder
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, stir together all of the ingredients until combined. (I put everything in the food processor except for cucumber).
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 1 1/2 cups (12 ounces) mild to medium hot sauce
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 pounds chicken wings, separated into 2 pieces and wing tips discarded
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/2 stick), melted
- Blue cheese dressing (optional)
- Celery sticks (optional)
- Place 1 cup of the hot sauce, the buttermilk, and the garlic powder in a large resealable plastic bag and stir to combine. Add the wings; seal the bag, pressing out any excess air; and turn the bag to coat the wings evenly. Let marinate in the refrigerator, turning occasionally, for at least 2 hours or up to 12 hours.
- 2Heat the broiler to high and arrange a rack in the middle of the oven. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire rack on it.
- 3Remove the wings from the marinade, letting any excess drip off, and arrange in a single layer on the rack. (If possible, don’t allow the wings to touch.) Discard the marinade and broil the wings until the meat starts to pull away from the bones and the skin is deep golden brown, bubbling, and crisped, about 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and turn the wings over using tongs. Return wings to the oven and continue broiling until the skin is deep golden brown, bubbling, and crisped on the second side, about 12 minutes more.
- 4Meanwhile, combine remaining 1/2 cup hot sauce and melted butter in a large bowl and set aside. Add cooked wings and toss to coat. Serve immediately with blue cheese dressing and celery sticks, if using.
Recipe from https://www.chowhound.com/recipes/easy-buffalo-wings-28068
2.5 Cups herb seasoned croutons (enough to layer 9×13 pan)
2 Cups sharp cheddar cheese
2 lbs Bob Evans sausage (cooked)
6 eggs beaten
3/4 tsp dry mustard
2.5 Cups milk
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 small jar sliced mushrooms
Place croutons in greased 9×13 pan. Top with cheese and browned sausage.
Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Pour over sausage.
Refrigerate over night.
Bake at 350 deg. for 1.5 hours.
Thank you Diane Haas for your family recipe!!
4 cups sugar
14 oz evaporated milk (shake the can well)
1 cup butter
12 oz semisweet chocolate chips
1 pint marshmallow fluff
1 teaspoon vanilla
This is not an easy recipe to make. It will take approximately one hour. Patience is important. Try not to do anything else but make the fudge.
Butter the sides of heavy 3 quart saucepan (be sure it is a 3 quart saucepan). Combine sugar, milk and butter. Cook over medium heat to soft-ball stage (236 degrees). Be sure to still frequently. Do NOT scrap the sides of saucepan! This takes about 25 minutes. Stir, stir, stir.
Remove from heat and add chocolate chips, marshmallow fluff, and vanilla. BEAT until chocolate is melted and blended. You arm is going to hurt. Sometimes I ask others to help.
Pour into 9x9x2 buttered pan for thick pieces, or 13x9x2 pan for thinner pieces. Score while fudge is warm. Once it is completely cooled, I put it in the refrigerator.
Cutting the fudge is difficult. While cutting, place your knife in hot water and clean off after each slice.
Family recipes for years.